Sunday 24 March 2013
Liebster Blog Award
Thank you to Lia over at Dizzy Loves Icy for giving me a Liebster award... feels like I've had homework to do all week, but I've finally got around to answering Lia's 11 questions to me and writing 11 questions of my own to pass on to some of the other blogs I read.
So - here you go Lia, my answers... *
1. Who has influenced you the most throughout your life?
My parents - a very constant presence, I think my home has real echoes of their style, my taste in music (although also strongly influenced by my sister) my habit of listening the radio constantly, my love of Apple Macs and graphics and reading and the cinema and needing to do projects. Yep, there is pretty much one root of all my problems!
2. What was the first blog you became addicted to?
Probably Tales of a Junkaholic - which I don't read so avidly anymore, but I do still enjoy. I remember feeling like it was my guilty secret as it really felt like I was being a stalker following this persons life that I didn't know from Adam. Then I started my own blog and realised that it's fine - she was/is sharing what she wants to share.
3. Favourite day of the week?
Gotta be Friday - can't beat the anticipation of the weekend.
4. Hot or cold holidays?
Hot! I can't face spending good money on a cold holiday. Just don't really get that (… and I am still planning on writing my holiday series here on the blog… one day)
5. Book you're currently reading?
For once I can answer this honestly (I've not been very good at reading books in the last few years - I'm afraid blogs have become my nighttime reading) however, since joining the Mothers Meeting book group I have to read… so at the moment I'm finishing The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath but I'm interspersing it with 'Just My Type' A history of fonts - that my Mum leant me - really not nearly as boring as it sounds.
6. Beauty product you can not live without?
I'm so BASIC with beauty, but I do rather like my dermalogica face wash - I use the special cleansing gel.
7. What's for dinner?
Since reading Lia's blog there is quite a good chance it could be tacos… but actually tonight we just had braised loin of pork with a Hugh-invented bean & artichoke stew - which was delicious, perfectly warming for a chilly spring evening.
8. Favourite place on the planet?
I think, right now I'd have to say my home. There is a field in Cornwall, very near to Porthgwarra that I'm particularly fond of too.
9. Here's £100 for just YOU. What do you do with it?
Hmmm, well I do really need a new bag...
10. Favourite toy or book as a child?
Oooh, this is a good question. I think past eight or nine my tape recorder was my favourite. Pre that I was just as in to making stuff as I am now. I made my brother and I 'secret boxes' which were sort of accessories to our spy game, they were our favourites for quite a while.
11. What's your party trick?
I'm pretty good at overly dramatic, pop video esq dancing/miming to 80's music - although give me a few glasses of wine first. Others might say my ability to put my foot in my mouth (metaphorically) it's often a good ice-breaker, but sometimes can back-fire.
I'm going to ask the following (not quite )11 bloggers to join in. **
Nice Kind of Blue
Pregnancy Joy and other Things
Circle of Pine Trees
Five on the Door
Albert and the Lion
Bristol Parenting Cafe
These are my questions to you:
1. Which is your favourite post on your own blog?
2. Do your 'real' friends know about/care about/read your blog?
3. Is there anything that you regret NOT doing in your life (so far)?
4. Camping or Boutique Hotel?
5. Best way to get from A to B?
6. It's 8pm on a Friday night, what are you doing (in your ideal world)?
7. Done any good projects recently?
8. Best thing to do within a few minutes of your home?
9. If you could learn a new skill, what would you choose?
10. ... and your superpower, if you had one?
11. Finally, why did you decide to start a blog?
* I've also got 11 questions to answer from Abigail - more homework for later in the week!
**Lots of the blogs I read seem to have been awarded the Liebster in these recent times - so I didn't quite get to 11!