Originally this space was two rooms and where we have the glass roof and doors was a slightly dodgy 1990's extension with mean ivy-clad windows. The room where the kitchen is now was very dark and dingy.
Kitchen was made by a Andrew Macintosh - a local furniture maker who have a showroom just around the corner. The units are sprayed in a copy of Farrow & Ball Bone. Lights are Original BTC and the chandelier is by Flos. When Hugh and I moved into our old flat it was the first thing we bought... even before a sofa. Ah, those frivolous days...
The painting is by Sarah Bowman and gives us a glimpse of Cornish calm, we used the fantastic 'own art' loan scheme to buy it.
This is our only sofa - so when (when...!?) the sitting room is done we'll probably move it in there, but it is lovely having a sofa in the kitchen, so it would be nice to get another one. Someday. In fact this view shows a lot that needs doing or changing... sorting out the fireplace, replacing the kitchen door, getting rid of the old kitchen table and the filing cabinet, putting pictures up, the list goes on, and on.
- Get our splash-back for behind the hob
- Re-fit the fireplace, Hugh has stripped and repainted it but we need to decide on the new hearth tiles.
- Get rid of horrid (but so useful) filing cabinet - need an elegant solution!
- Get new kitchen table - this is a long way off... but... (and while we are at it a new sofa)!
- Put pictures up
- Sort our notice board, or somewhere to put all the paper/kids drawings/photos etc
- Blinds for windows - need to choose fabric and make these...
- Order and put up Original BTC Hector wall lights for under the glass
- Replace kitchen door with a part glazed one so we get more light into the hall
- Finish painting and draft exclusion, endless draft exclusion.
I've updated the 'our house' section to show some before and building works photos.
PS - a bit of a reality check! I took these photos a few weeks ago, and I don't think it's been this tidy since... behind me the counter is piled high, dishwasher needs emptying, the table is covered in mess. I was intending to go shopping today... but I couldn't find some vouchers I was hoping to spend so turned kitchen up-side-down, then gave up. Now blogging instead. In horrid track suit bottoms due to lack of clothes.