Tuesday, 22 January 2013
Dreaming about Holidays
Am sitting at my desk in two jumpers and with a hot water bottle on my lap and I'm dreaming about holidays. About sunshine on my back and sand between my toes… obviously I've been successfully programmed into being a 'typical' consumer and as soon as Christmas is done and dusted I start thinking about holidays.
Now of course in years gone by thinking about holidays was simple. Where do I want to go and when do I want to go there? But now there's a husband and a Coco and a Henry who all seem to what to come along too.
I feel like it's taken us a while as a family to find our holiday mojo - so over the next few days (ok, it'll probably be weeks) I'm going to share my memories of all the holidays we've had since we've had children. We've been on a good variety of trips from wild camping and festivals to shared houses and basic self catering to a long-haul road trip, with a couple of hotel breaks thrown in for good measure. Some have worked better than others - so I'll be sharing the highs and lows with you here... yep, it's a mini-series!
I like reading about other peoples holidays in the name of research, so it's only fair that I share mine right?
So here you go - this is what you'll be seeing here in the next few weeks:
1) Winter House Party - Cornwall (with Coco aged a mere six weeks)
2) France - a shared villa with two other families with new babies. (Coco aged 8 months)
3) Wild Camping in Cornwall (Coco aged 9 months)
4) Family Friendly Hotel Break in Suffolk (Coco aged 10 months)
5) South African road trip (Coco aged 16 months) pictured above... wasn't she tiny!
6) Camping in Dorset (Coco 3 years, Henry 8 months) **
7) Ibiza self catering and with a few nights in a nice hotel thrown in for good measure (Coco aged 4, Henry 1)
8) Isle of Wight (Coco aged 4, Henry 1)
9) Cornwall for new year 2012 - the perfect set up! (I'll be saving this one until last...)
If you are interested in sharing any good holiday memories/itineraries or general hot tips then drop me an email.
** We had a bit of a holiday lull between our South African blow-out holiday and Henry being born due to our house renovations...